- Diced cauliflower - 2 cups
- Carrots (1" cubes) - ¼ cup
- String beans (1" pieces) - ½ cup
- Potatoes (1" cubes) - ½ cup
- Diced broccoli - ½ cup
- Sweet peas - ½ cup
- Red peppers (1" pieces) - ½ cup
- Green peppers (1" pieces) - ½ cup
- Green chili - 5 to 6
- Whole cumin - 1 tablespoon
- Chopped onion - ½ cup
- Ginger paste - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Plain yogurt - 3 tablespoons
- Tomato sauce - 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper powder - ½ teaspoon
- Lime juice - 2 tablespoons
- Salt - as needed
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - ½ cup
- Clean and dry all the vegetables thoroughly.
- Marinate the potatoes and cauliflower with a little bit of salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the potatoes and cauliflower lightly.
- Keep aside.
- Use the same heated oil to fry the onions and cumin.
- Stir in the ginger and garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the string beans and carrots.
- Stir in the chili powder, coriander, black pepper and salt with a little bit of water.
- Add the red and green peppers and broccoli. Fry them for about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the potatoes and cauliflower.
- Keep covered over low heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Break up the yogurt with 1 tablespoon of water and pour into the vegetables.
- Add the tomato sauce, lime juice and green chili, and stir gently.
- Add some more water if the vegetables are not soft and tender.
- Once the water dries up, sprinkle over some sugar.
- Let it simmer for another 5 minutes before turning off the heat.
Hard to find a good Rezala recipe but this one is absolutely top draw, thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment