- Diced cauliflower - 2 cups
- Potatoes (1" cubes) - ½ cup
- Carrots (1" cubes) - ½ cup
- String beans (1" pieces) - ½ cup
- Red peppers (1" pieces) - ½ cup
- Diced broccoli - ½ cup
- Chopped onion - ½ cup
- Ginger paste - 2 teaspoons
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Shredded cheese - 4 tablespoons
- Cinnamon powder - ½ teaspoon
- Cardamom powder - ½ teaspoon
- Bay leaf - 1
- Plain yogurt - 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Chopped green chili - 2 tablespoons
- Salt - 1½ teaspoon (as needed)
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - ¼ cup
- Ghee - 2 tablespoons
- Clean and dry all the vegetables thoroughly.
- Marinate the potatoes and cauliflower with a little bit of salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the potatoes and cauliflower lightly.
- Keep aside.
- Use the same heated oil to brown the onions.
- Stir in the ginger, garlic and bay leaf and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the string beans, carrots and red peppers.
- Stir for about 5 minutes and add a little bit of water.
- Mix in the potatoes, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Keep over low heat.
- Break up the yogurt with 3 to 4 tablespoons of water and pour into the vegetables.
- Add the salt and stir.
- Keep covered for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Mix in the cinnamon, cardamom and gently stir the vegetable.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cheese, and stir. Mix in the ghee.
- Cover the pan and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot after about 5 minutes with paratha or polao.
Post a Comment