- Chopped mustard green leaves - 4 cups
- Shrimps - ½ cup
- Chopped onion - 4 tablespoons
- Chopped garlic - 2 teaspoons
- Green chili - 3 to 4
- Ground turmeric - ½ teaspoon
- Chili powder - ½ teaspoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - ¼ cup
- Clean and drain the mustard green leaves before chopping them into pieces.
- Steam the leaves in pan with a few pinches of salt and cover over medium heat.
- Uncover after 2 to 3 minutes and turn the leaves over.
- Turn off the heat once the water dries up and the leaves are boiled. Keep aside.
- Fry the onions and garlic in oil in a separate pan.
- Stir fry the shrimps, turmeric, chili powder and the rest of the salt in the pan over low heat.
- When the mix turns a little reddish, add the boiled leaves and green chili.
- Continue to stir fry over low heat for another 5 to 6 minues.
- Serve hot with white rice.
I am a newlywed, who grew up outside of Bangladesh all her life. When I got married, my father bought me "Siddika Kabir's Recipe Book" in English (as I cannot read Bengali very well). I was looking for more dishes to try, when I came across your blog. Thank you for your recipes b/c most of the other Bangladeshi recipe blogs are in Bengali, and the ones in English are for Kolkata Bengali recipes.
Hello, Made this recipe today, EXCELLENT!! Thank you.
Love this dish :)
Post a Comment