- Round red potatoes - 6
- Chopped onion - 2 tablespoons
- Chopped garlic - 1 teaspoon
- Panchforon (a mixture of fennel, mustard, fenugreek, cumin and black cumin) - ½ teaspoon
- Ground turmeric - ½ teaspoon
- Chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Tamarind sauce - 4 tablespoons
- Salt - ½ teaspoon
- Oil - 4 tablespoons
- Cut the potatoes crosswise into two pieces. Do not peel off the skin.
- Clean and boil the pieces in water.
- Once boiled, drain the water and dry all the potatoes.
- Mix thoroughly with salt, turmeric, and chili powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the potatoes until they turn slightly reddish. Pick them up and keep aside once done.
- Add the panchforon to the rest of the oil, and fry with the onions and garlic.
- Add the potatoes to the mix and stir for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add about ½ cup of water and tamarind sauce. Stir and cover over low heat.
- Check whether the gravy has turned thick about 2 to 3 minutes later.
- Sprinkle the sugar on top of the potatoes and serve hot.
Post a Comment