- Shol Maach - 5 to 6 pieces
- Chopped tomatoes - 4 tablespoons
- Chopped onion - ½ cup
- Green chili - 3 to 4
- Ginger paste - ½ teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - ½ teaspoon
- Ground turmeric - ½ teaspoon
- Chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- Chopped coriander - 2 tablespoons
- Fried cumin powder - ½ teaspoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - ½ cup
- Clean the fish a few times with water and a little bit of salt or vinegar.
- Heat oil in a pan and brown the onions slightly.
- Fry the onions some more with the ginger, garlic and cumin powder. Stir in a bit of water as well.
- After a few minutes, add in the rest of the ingredients except for the fish and tomatoes.
- Wait for a couple of minutes before adding the fish and tomatoes to the mix.
- Keep over low heat with some water and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add another cup of water and turn the fish pieces over every few minutes.
- Once the water dries up and the oil separates out, turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle the fried cumin powder and serve.
Hi Rummana I made this last night with cod fish and it was excellent! Many Thanks
Post a Comment