- Medium sized Hilsha fish - 1
- Chopped onion - 1 cup
- Ground turmeric - ½ teaspoon
- Green chili - 7 to 8
- Mustard paste/powder - 3 tablespoons
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - ½ cup
- Clean the fish pieces in water and drain it all out. The fish may lose its taste if cleaned too thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a pan and brown the onion.
- After 2 to 3 minutes, add in the mustard paste and some water. Mix thoroughly.
- Now add the turmeric and salt along with the fish pieces and mix well.
- Keep stirring for a few more minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water and green chili before covering the pan over low heat.
- Keep turning the fish pieces over every 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once the sauce thickens slightly, turn off the heat and serve.
We do cook the same sorshe ilish, however, we skip the onions and also, grind equal amount of jeera and sorshe while making the masala paste. you can also mix all the masala, pour half a cup of mustard oil and put the ilish in a microwave (med power 7-8 minutes), the result is not so bad :0)
I love your potato bhaji recipe and would like to try this one as well. Can you tell me how to make mustard paste?
i wan't to what type of mustard can i use in illsh shorse yellow or black one.....
DEV ALLAHABAD INDIA
Post a Comment