- Mutton (regular pieces) - 1 kg
- Sliced onions - 2 cups
- Ginger paste - 2 tablespoons
- Garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder - 1 tablespoon
- Plain yogurt - ½ cup
- Cinnamon - 1 (1" stick)
- Cardamom - 5 to 6
- Cloves - 4 to 5
- Bay leaf - 2
- Whole black pepper - 5 to 6
- Green chili - 7 to 8
- Kewra - 2 tablespoons
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Lime juice - 1 tablespoon
- Ghee - 4 to 5 tablespoons
- Fried onions (beresta) - ½ cup
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 4 to 5 tablespoons
- Cut the mutton into small, regular pieces. Clean and rinse.
- Marinate the mutton with ginger, garlic, coriander, salt and yogurt.
- Set aside for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Heat oil and ghee together in a pan.
- Fry the onions, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, bay leaves and black pepper.
- As the onions start to turn brown, stir in the marinated mutton.
- Mix thoroughly for 7 to 8 minutes over medium heat.
- Cover and cook over low heat.
- Stir the mutton some more after about 20 minutes.
- Pour in 2 cups of water.
- Cover the pan again and let it simmer over low heat.
- Keep cooking until the meat is soft and tender. If necessary, add more water.
- Garnish with fried onions.
- Mix in the lime juice, sugar and kewra.
- As the gravy starts to thicken, add the green chili.
- Turn off the heat and keep the pan covered.
- Serve hot.
Can u please mention at what heat to cook..?
Hi Arindam, You want to cook over low heat most of the time as mentioned. Use medium heat for 7-8 minutes only when you are mixing the mutton.
Hi I cooked your beef rezala recipe without kewra jol, and it was really nice. I noticed for this recipe you are skipping chilli powder, and going with 1 tablespoon of coriander powder. Is there any reason behind this ?
Post a Comment