Serves four to five people.
- Small lau (bottle gourd) - 1
- Peas - ¼ cup
- Sliced onion - ½ cup
- Chopped garlic - 1 teaspoon
- Green chili - 3 to 4
- Ground turmeric - ½ teaspoon
- Panchforon (a mixture of fennel, mustard, fenugreek, cumin and black cumin) - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon (as needed)
- Oil - ¼ cup
- Cut the bottle gourd into small, thin pieces. Clean and rinse.
- Heat the pieces with salt and turmeric in a covered pan over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and let the water dry up.
- Turn off the heat and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic for a minute.
- Stir in the panchforon, bottle gourd pieces, green chili and peas.
- Keep over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cook until the water dries up and serve.