- Koel (Asian Koel bird) - 10 to 12, whole or cut into 4 pieces
- Sliced onions - 1 cup
- Garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
- Ginger paste - 1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder - 2 teaspoons
- Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder - 1 teaspoon
- Crushed cardamom - 1 teaspoon
- Jaiphal (nutmeg) powder - ½ teaspoon
- Green chili - 3 to 4
- Black pepper powder - ½ teaspoon
- Lime juice - 1 tablespoon
- Sugar - ½ teaspoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon (as needed)
- Oil - ½ cup
- Ghee - 2 tablespoons
- Clean the birds thoroughly. Clean and rinse.
- Marinate with salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the pieces lightly.
- Remove the pieces from the pan and keep aside.
- Fry the onions in the same pan.
- Keep aside for later use.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste into the same heated oil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and stir for a minute.
- Mix in the cumin and red chili powder.
- Now add in the fried bird pieces and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add another 2 tablespoons of water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon powder, crushed cardamom, jaiphal and black pepper powder.
- Stir for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour 2 cups of water and let it cook over medium heat.
- After about 10 to 15 minutes, add in the fried onions (leave about 2 tablespoons for later).
- Keep over low heat.
- Stir in the green chili, ghee and lime juice.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Mix in the sugar once the meat becomes tender and the gravy thickens up.
- Turn off the heat and let it sit for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining fried onions.
- Serve hot with rice bread, paratha or rice polao.
Madam, Assalam, would you please tell me, what does Celery means in Bangladesh ? By which name i can find Celery in local market?
we‘re so proud of you!............................................................
Namashkar.........Fantastic recipes. Enjoyed the Dhone Pata Murgi......Thank you.
Post a Comment