- Hard chicken - 1 kg
- Sliced onions - 250 gm
- Garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
- Ginger paste - 2 tablespoons
- Ground turmeric - 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder - 2 teaspoons
- Cumin powder - 2 teaspoons
- Whole cumin - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 2 teaspoons
- Bay leaf - 2
- Cinnamon - 2 sticks
- Cardamom - 5 to 6
- Cloves - 5 to 6
- Black pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Green chili - 3 to 4
- Garlic cloves - 4 to 5
- Salt - 1 tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Ghee - 2 tablespoons
- Oil - ½ cup
- Cut the hard chicken into small pieces. Clean and rinse the pieces thoroughly.
- Marinate the chicken with onion, ginger, garlic, turmeric, coriander power, cumin powder, chili powder and salt.
- Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the whole cumin, bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves for a minute.
- Stir in the chicken and fry for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 4 to 5 cups of water.
- Cover and keep on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add another ½ cup of water if the chicken is still hard.
- After another 3 to 4 minutes, gently stir in the garlic cloves, green chili and black pepper.
- Add in the ghee and sugar once the chicken is cooked and the gravy thickens.
- Turn off the heat and keep it covered for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Hello Mam, Thank you so much for all these incredible recipes. I am looking for an authentic dhakaiya kacchi biryani recipe.Please kindly post if you have it and I am sure you are very good at this. Thanks again for your lovely effort.
Hi Shagufta, I finally posted the kacchi biriyani recipe a few months back. You can try it out and see if you like it!
I have just tried the recipe...it is delicious....i have used firm chicken instead of the hard chicken...i will try this in the future again...thanks for sharing...
Post a Comment