- Green papaya - 1
- Thinly sliced potatoes - 1 cup
- Chopped onion - 4 tablespoons
- Chopped garlic - 2 tablespoons
- Ground turmeric - ½ teaspoon
- Green chili - 4 to 5
- Panchforon (a mixture of fennel, mustard, fenugreek, cumin and black cumin) - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Oil -4 tablespoons (as needed)
- Peel and cut the papaya into thin, long pieces. Clean and rinse.
- Boil the pieces in lightly salted water for about 5 to 6 minutes in a covered pot.
- Let the water dry up, and keep the papaya aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion, garlic and panchforon for a minute.
- Stir in the sliced potatoes, turmeric and rest of the salt.
- After a while, mix in the papaya and keep stir some more.
- Keep over low heat.
- After 3 to 4 minutes, add in the green chili and cover.
- Serve once the vegetables are cooked and completely dry.
Post a Comment