- Yellow bananas - 2
- Chopped onion - 3 tablespoons
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Ground turmeric - ½ teaspoon
- Chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- Green chili - 3 to 4
- Chopped coriander - 2 tablespoons
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - ¼ cup
- Peel and slice the banana into 1-inch pieces crosswise.
- Fry the pieces lightly mixed with a pinch of turmeric and salt, and keep aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the pan and brown the onions.
- Saute with the turmeric, chili powder, garlic, salt and a bit of water.
- Add the fried banana, green chili and coriander to the mix and stir gently over low heat.
- Pour in ½ cup of water and cover. Keep the heat low.
- Turn the pieces over if they start to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off the heat after 2 to 3 minutes when the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot.
Just wanted to know when you say bananas, you mean regular banana's in the supermarket that you can peel off and right away, or the nes that are rather Green , mostly found in Mexican markets that are called plantains? I really like banana's and owuld like to make this for myself; but just want to be sure of the type of bananas.
Hi Nibir, Sorry about delay. Hope you're still interested in this recipe. I meant the yellow bananas and not plantains. Try it out!
Post a Comment