- Boneless beef - 500 gm
- Boiled white peas - 2 cups
- Sweet peas - 1 cup
- Boiled potato cubes - 1 cup
- Onion cubes - ½ cup
- Ginger paste - 2 tablespoons
- Garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
- Ground turmeric - 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder - 2 teaspoons
- Fried cumin powder - 2 teaspoons
- Salt - 2 teaspoons (as needed)
- Mustard oil - 4 to 5 tablespoons
- Tamarind paste - 4 tablespoons
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Crushed (fried) dry chili - 1 tablespoon
- Cut the beef into small pieces. Clean and rinse.
- Marinate the beef pieces ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin, turmeric, chili and salt for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour in 3 to 4 cups of water.
- Start boiling over low heat.
- As the beef becomes soft and tender, stir in the boiled potatoes, white peas and sweet peas.
- Turn off the heat once the gravy thickens.
- Heat oil in a separate pan and brown the onions.
- Add in the beef along with the gravy and stir for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in the tamarind paste and stir gently.
- Cover and keep over low heat.
- Stir again after 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add another ½ cup of water, sugar, fried cumin powder and fried chili.
- Cover again and keep over low heat.
- Remove the cover after 5 to 6 minutes.
- Once the gravy thickens again, turn off the heat and serve hot.
Post a Comment