Serves four to five people.
- Beef - 1 kg
- Small onions - 6 to 7
- Garlic cloves - 8 to 10
- Ginger - 1 small piece
- Vinegar - 2 tablespoons
- Ground turmeric - 1 teaspoon
- Green chili - 7 to 8
- Garam masala powder (cinnamon, cardamom and cloves) - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 2 teaspoons (as needed)
- Fenugreek (methi) - ½ teaspoon
- Fried cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
- Mustard oil - 4 tablespoons
- Marinate the beef with turmeric, salt and vinegar for about 10 minutes.
- Start boiling the beef in 5 to 6 cups of water over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat once the beef becomes tender and the water starts to dry up.
- Keep aside.
- Shred the onions, ginger, garlic and green chili.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the shredded onions, ginger and garlic.
- Pour in the beef pieces.
- Add the green chili and let it simmer over low heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Mix in the garam masala and fenugreek.
- Keep covered over low heat.
- Garnish with fried cumin powder after 10 to 12 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot.