- Mola maach (Indian carplet fish) - 250 gm
- Large bitter gourd - 1
- Small potato - 1
- Sliced onion - 1 cup
- Sliced garlic - 1 tablespoon
- Ground turmeric - 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- Split green chili - 4 to 5
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - ¼ cup
- Remove the fish heads and clean the fish a few times with water and a little bit of salt.
- Rinse and drain properly.
- Cut the bitter gourd into thin 1" pieces.
- Clean the pieces thoroughly with salty water.
- Peel and cut the potato into 1" pieces.
- Clean and rinse as well.
- Heat oil in a pan and mix all the ingredients except for the green chili and potatoes.
- Pour in 1 cup of water and cover the pan.
- Wait until the water starts to boil before lowering the heat.
- After 5 to 6 minutes, stir in the green chili and potatoes and remove the lid.
- Let it simmer until the water dries up completely.
- Turn off the heat when the oil starts to separate out and serve.
Post a Comment