- Chicken - 10 to 12 regular pieces
- Finely chopped onion - 1 cup
- Finely chopped garlic - 1 tablespoon
- Finely chopped ginger - 2 tablespoons
- Chopped green chili - 2 tablespoons
- Ground turmeric - 1 teaspoon
- Chopped coriander - 2 cups
- Whole cumin - 1 teaspoon
- Sugar - ½ teaspoon
- Lime juice - 2 tablespoons
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - ½ cup
- Clean and rinse the chicken pieces.
- Marinate with salt and turmeric.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the chicken pieces until they turn brown.
- Keep aside.
- Add the whole cumin in the same pan and start frying.
- Mix in the onions, ginger and garlic and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the fried chicken to the mix and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sir in the chopped green chili and coriander and pour a cup of water.
- Stir some more and cover.
- Keep over low heat.
- Wait until the water dries up. Add the lime juice and sugar.
- Let it cook over low heat until the chicken is cooked and fried.
- Serve hot with rice or plain polao.
mmm looks so yummy!
Post a Comment