Serves three to four people.
- Any large fish (e.g. Tilapia) - 4 to 5 pieces
- Sweet Orange - 1
- Chopped onions - ½ cup
- Chopped garlic - 1 tablespoon
- Ground turmeric - ½ teaspoon
- Coriander - 2 tablespoons
- Chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- Green chili - 4 to 5
- Panchforon (a mixture of fennel, mustard, fenugreek, cumin and black cumin) - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon (as needed)
- Oil - ½ cup
- Clean the fish pieces thoroughly and marinate with turmeric, chili powder and salt for 10 minutes.
- Peel and deseed the orange. Keep the wedges aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and brown the onion and garlic together.
- Now add in the panchforon, and the marinated fish. Mix in gently.
- After stirring for about 3 to 4 minutes, add the green chili and orange wedges and stir slowly for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add about a ½ cup of water and cover over low heat.
- After a few minutes of cooking, turn over the fish pieces in the pan.
- Once the gravy thickens and the fish looks done, garnish with coriander and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with rice.
Post a Comment