- Fresh okra - 250 gm
- Chopped onion - 2 tablespoons
- Chopped garlic - 1 teaspoon
- Green chili - 2 to 3
- Chopped coriander - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - ½ teaspoon
- Mustard oil - 1 tablespoon
- Clean the okra under water and cut them into small pieces.
- Boil the pieces, over low heat, in about ½ cup water with green chili, garlic and salt. Cover the pan.
- Stir occasionally as the okra is getting boiled.
- Turn off the heat once the okra is boiled and the water dries up. Let it cool for a while.
- Mix the onion, salt, coriander with the oil separately.
- Add the mix to the okra and mash completely by hand.
Asalamu Alaikum Aunty!
I made this Deroche bortha for my in-laws recently and they loved it Masha Allah!
Thank-you so much for your amazing recipes! It really helps those of us who grew up here but want to hold onto our Bangladeshi culture and roots.
Please keep it up! Thanks!
Thanks for your mail. I am glad to know that my recipe helped you. It is really interesting to hear that you could impress upon your in-laws with the recipes I posted. I am planning to post some more Bhortha recipes for young people like yourself.
শুভ বাংলা নববর্ষ ১৪১৭।
Post a Comment