Serves four to five people.
- Ground chicken - 500 gm
- Diced large potatoes - 2
- Chopped onions - 2 cups
- Ginger paste - 2 teaspoons
- Garlic paste - 2 teaspoons
- Ground turmeric - 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder - 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder (cinnamon, cardamom and cloves) - 1 teaspoon
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Green chili - 4 to 5
- Fried cumin powder - ½ teaspoon
- Ghee - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 2 teaspoons
- Oil - ¼ cup
- Clean and rinse the ground chicken.
- Boil the chicken with turmeric, salt, garlic and ginger in 1 cup of water in a covered pot.
- Heat oil in a pan and brown the onions.
- Fry the cinnamon, bay leaf and diced potatoes.
- Stir in the chili powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of water.
- Add the boiled chicken and let it simmer over low heat.
- Once the chicken starts to turn brown, add the green chili and garam masala.
- Pour in ½ cup of water and cover.
- Cook over low heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
- As the gravy thickens, stir in the ghee and garnish with fried cumin powder.
- Serve hot with paratha or roti.
Post a Comment