- Maash daal (white lentil) - 2 cups
- Sliced onion - 4 tablespoons
- Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Ground turmeric - ½ teaspoon
- Green chili - 4 to 5
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Panchforon (a mixture of fennel, mustard, fenugreek, cumin and black cumin) - 1 teaspoon
- Dry chili - 2 to 3
- Chopped ginger - 1 teaspoon
- Chopped garlic - 1 teasoon
- Salt - 1 ½ teaspoon (as needed)
- Oil - ¼ cup
- Ghee - 2 tablespoons
- Fry the dry lentils lightly in a heated pan.
- Now soak the lentils for about 15 minutes in water.
- Clean and dry the lentils.
- Add 4 to 5 cups of water into the pan and start heating.
- Skim off the white foams as the water starts boiling.
- Stir in the ginger paste, garlic paste and turmeric.
- Keep over medium heat.
- As the lentil softens and the water starts drying up, add in the green chili and salt.
- Stir thoroughly and keep covered over low heat.
- Heat oil in a separate pan and fry the onion, chopped ginger and garlic until they turn brown.
- Add the panchforon and dry chili.
- Fry for another 2 minutes and pour all the ingredients into the other pan with lentils.
- Stir in the coriander leaves with lentils.
- Keep covered for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now mix in the ghee before serving hot.
Your recipes are so fantastic. Thank you so much.
Post a Comment